Forgot the password of Video Monitoring System

Unanswered Question
Sep 16th, 2009

Hi There,

How can I change the password for the admin account of the Cisco Video Monitoring System? I have to hold a demo next week and I forgot the password and I cannot get in. I Tried to uninstall the software but still requires the same username password, it wont let me give new password during the installation.

Please advise!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven DiStefano Wed, 09/16/2009 - 04:41

Hi Gergely,

We have heard of this happening before.

Yeah, if you dont see the login screen prompting you to set a PW, then there is one set.

1st time install looks like this...

So this means you probably  need to reset the user account via registry, here is the steps and let me know if this can fix it:

(Always consult with your System Administrator if not famaliar with this).

Uninstall SWVMS SW.  Then...

1.       Click  Start, click Run, type regedit in the open box, and then click OK

2.       Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NUUOIP\UserAccount

3.       Double click on file UserCount, and change value data box to 0, and then click OK

This should allow you to reinstall and reset  password for access to SWVMS (NUUO under the covers).

I hope this helps.

Steve DiStefano

Systems Engineer

U.S. Field Channel Sales

szakacsge Wed, 09/16/2009 - 04:46

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

I found another way.

Go into the installed directory of the Video Monitoring Software (C:\Program Files\Cisco\Video Monitoring System). Issue file RegEx.exe and hit Invalid Password. This will "reset" the password and on the next logon you have to give it again.