877 VPN - how to access internet THROUGH the VPN?

Unanswered Question
Sep 16th, 2009

Hi all,

Cisco 877, 12.4(24)T1

My config is working fine for local access, webhosting, surfing the web etc etc. It's also working fine for PPTP access, in that I can connect to the router from externally via PPTP VPN and gain access to my local devices. However, what I'd like to be able to do is this: be able to access the internet THROUGH the VPN connection.

Let me explain. I have remote-desktop access to about a dozen systems, and for added security I've restricted the access to my own IP address. So, when I'm at home I can freely RDP to these systems. But when I'm out of course, the access rules mean that I can't access them. So what I'd like to be able to do is connect to my VPN, and THEN connect to the remote systems. e.g. channel my traffic through my VPN and the out to the internet. Only my PPTP dialup connection I have "use default gateway" ticked, so all internet-based traffic gets directed to my VPN...but never gets any further.

I suspect something on my firewall is blocking it, but I can't spot the problem. Can anyone assist please?

Many thanks,

Jim

PS Config atatched

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion