My objective is to assign static IP address for VPN clients.
The tunnel group authentication is on a AAA LDAP server.
AAA LDAP queries has been configured and tested to work.
I followed the guide below, but could not get static IP assignment to work.
The tunnel group is configured to use the DHCP pool and the Group policy on ASA.
- If i do not specify dhcp pool, the error message is: "no assigned address"
- If i configure dhcp pool, the assigned address will be from the pool
Here are my queries on assigning a static IP for aaa-users:
1. Do you need to configure a external policy server for static IP assignment to work?
-I prefer to use the group policy on ASA
2. Under the tunnel profile, do you need to specify what DHCP pool to use? If yes, what do i specify?
3. Does DHCP service needs to be running on ldap server?
4. As per printscreen below, is Remote Access Policy required?
5. What am I missing out to make static IP assignment work?