Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 6.1 SIP Trunking with Internet telephony service provider

csshenoy80
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

We are having a site coming up which requires integration with a local Internet telephony service provider (ITSP), which supports SIP integration.

The service provider will be providing the IP Address for the service and login credentials for the SIP Service.

What are the components and configuration required on the Call Manager side.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Hello,

All you will need is a router/gateway that has an IOS that supports CUBE. I believe the way it is configured now is SIP trunk to ITSP and then SIP trunk between CUCM and the CUBE. This doc shows basic configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/paws/99863/cube-config.pdf

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Thank you for the info.

We will be using Cisco 3845 SRST router for this site which will connect to the CUCM cluster. Can the single Cisco 3845 route support SRST as well as CUBE features?

Yes it should, just be sure you are using the proper IOS image to support these features.

Would this also require licenses for SIP Trunk or CUBE calls?

I dont think you need licenses for CUBE or SIP trunk, just for SRST.

Last question, the login credentials provided by the SIP Service Provider will be configured on the router in the SIP User Agent Configuration portion?

Thanks for clearing that up Nic, I wasnt too sure about the licensing for CUBE. +5 for you!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: