Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connectivity problem

habibnoubissi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to set up a VPN connection between two sites (configurations are attached) but no traffic is flowing through my tunnel. please help me

6 Replies 6

seibertmedia
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry, but i can't see any attachements.

If the tunnel is fully established, then there could be a routing problem. Is it possible, that you are using the same subnet on both sides of the tunnel?

Tom

hi,

please see the attachment below.

Please I really need help

I notice you are using DHCP on the WAN interface. I assume you have a reservation with the DHCP Server that ensures you get the same IP (194.205.89.57) every time. Are you also getting a default route from the DHCP Server? If not, please configure a static default route. With a default route confirmed remove this route "ip route 192.168.6.0 255.255.255.0 193.205.80.45" you don't need it.

On the HQ router remove this route "ip route 192.168.1.224 255.255.255.224 194.205.89.57" again you don't need it.

If after all this you still can't pass traffic please post the output of these commands from both routers...

sh crypto isakmp sa detail

sh crypto session detail

James

thank you for your help,

I get the same IP and a default route from the ISP dhcp server, you can see it in the branch sh_cmd_BRANCH attached to this message. I have removed all the static route in the two router.

you can see on the attachments the two sh crypto commands.

Thank you

Based on the output provided the VPN is up. Your ping probably arent working because you are don't appear to be sourcing them from the LAN interface. Try this...

ping 192.168.1.225 source f0/0

HI,

I have tried the extended ping, and I have removed the two static route in the two routers and work very good now.

Thank you very much for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: