Replies

Large scale callback

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have the following:

AS5300 with an E1 PRI line.

There are about 1000 devices that call in, make connection, transfer data and disconnect.

My customer now wants to implement callback for these devices. So a device calls, gets authenticated, line gets disconnected and AS5300 calls back.

Using dialer maps or dialer profiles is not the right solution I think. What else is possible?

Thanks,

Jan

10 Replies 10

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jan,

this kind of scalability can be achieved using a Radius server.

see a basic example here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk59/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800fa54a.shtml

you should find a way to enable callback on the radius user profile.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check radius controlled callback.

Any Radius server? I mean is this a RFC standard, or something special build in some radius servers?

Or does this only play with Cisco radius server (ACS I think it is called)

Thanks for the quick response btw

Jan

Most people uses FreeRadius that works fine you can spend the time to learn it.

Thank you all for your advices. I shall discuss it with our team and see if we go for learning FreeRadius or go for a commercial product that guarantees the callback using AS53xx

Thanks again,

Jan

YANGCCIE4
Level 1
Level 1

people can dial in by Telnet, SSH ect. but no RFC, there must be a certain of devices to transform the RFC in to IP packet.

Hope helpful

people can dial in by Telnet, SSH ect. but no RFC, there must be a certain of devices to transform the RFC in to IP packet.

What ???

well, as my understanding the client want to setup a phone call back service in the network,

Oops, I meant RF,not RFC,sorry,

Still I don't understand, sorry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card