cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac support

apedder123
Level 1
Level 1

This one should be a quick question, is there any Mac softphone available for the UC520?

Thanks,

Adam

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

There has been request for this, but today there is not a softphone that will work on a Mac.  It is something that is being looked at, but no ETA.

Sorry about that.

samuelsancho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, X-lite and Zoiper for Mac works fine with UC500, obviously SIP but it works. If you need G729 then you need to buy Zoiper Communicator license. Do you know something about the idea of Cisco with IPCommunicator for Mac?, it would be very interesting for a some clients.

Best regards

Samuel

I've been trying to get a softphone working with UC520 also, with no luck. I've heard of some people successfully configuring their UC520 for SoftPhone use, but I've never seen a properly documented post that described the process with reasonable detail.

Not being a voice/SIP expert, some of the posts on UC500.com assume I should know everything about SIP prior to attempting the config.

So no luck here, still trying though...

If someone knew how to do this and could walk me through it, I'd volunteer to put together some killer documentation to share with the community.

Regards,

Luis

Luis,

Have you taken a look at this link??

http://uc500.com/iphone-sipphone-client-working-cisco-ucme

Regards,

Eivind

Thanks Elvind,

As it turns out, the extension I was trying to use for me softphone, was in the range of the ephone-dn's, so the softphone would register but would not work. As soon as the voice register dn for the softphone was changed to a number outside the ephone-dn range, voila!

So it seems all the existing documentation is correct, just that I got bitten by that little caveat.

However, I think I'll still try to summarize the process in a concise document as soon as I get around to testing the procedure from scratch.

Regards,

Luis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: