Local Lan access disabled after vpn tunnel established w/ remote access cli

Unanswered Question
Sep 16th, 2009

I have in my office a 2801 router.

when I establish a remote access vpn sesssion to my sister companies I lose access to my local lan.

My sister companies have a pix 515e and an asa box.

I need to still be able have access to my local lan while on vpn. What can we change in this configuration please?

When my peers in the sister companies vpn into their network they have no problem. But if they vpn into my office they loose too their local lan access.

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
JORGE RODRIGUEZ Wed, 09/16/2009 - 07:23

Hi,

Based on your description you said that peers in sister company vpn into their network they have local-lan access but when you vpn into their network you do not have local-lan access?

Posibilities :

In your VPN client make sure you have local LAN access enabled in the transport tab under the tunnel name profile properties.

Also which VPN gateway in sister company do you connect, you indicate they have PIX515 and ASA , are they using both devices as VPN gateways ? if so perhaps they have once gateway as full tunnel and other to allow local lan access policy of split tunneling .

As for your end 2801 router you probably need to configure split tunnel for RA to have local LAN access

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_configuration_example09186a0080819289.shtml

Actions

This Discussion