Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware problems after Unity Connection upgrade

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

My customer has an IBM x3650 server which is in theory identical to the Cisco MCS-7835-I2.

It has 4GB memory (4 x 1GB) and 2 x 146GB hard disks.

I installed Unity Connection 7.0.1 on it with no problems. I have just upgraded to 7.1(2a) SU1 but when I tried to switch versions the server states that it cannot boot due to an unsupported hardware configuration.

No information is given about what is wrong and, as far as I know, the hardware matches what Cisco have on their approved third party server list.

Any suggestions on how I can go about troubleshooting this?

2 Replies 2

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Have got the customer to check the server (upgrade was performed remotely) and it seems that one of the memory modules is faulty so server only appeared to have 2GB RAM.

Will update once replacement memory is fitted.

James,

Did you get this problem resolved?

I am having a similar issue but it is with a fresh install rather than an upgrade.

Installing Unity Connection 7.02 on an IBM x3650 with

4 Gig RAM

2 x 2.33 CPU

4 x 146GB drives

On initial install page (the one where you choose between CUCM Business Edition install or Unity Connection) it says that the hardware is unsupported yet i can continue with the install & it seems to complete successfully.

Regards

Russell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: