cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Configuration

mikeaudino
Level 1
Level 1

We're using a WAE-7371 with two Cat6509s, each with redundant sup720's [12.2(33)SXI].

The WAE is directly connected to one Catalyst and will use L2-redirect.

We have remote sites with a different WAE chassis installed.

The 6509's have multiple local vlans, perform campus routing, and have redundant WAN uplinks.

Previous personnel & tests have found that enabling wccp on the one Sup720 locked up the card.

To ensure the central-WAAS chassis is correctly connected to the Sup720's,

we should enable "ip wccp 61 and 62" on both Catalyst chassis and:

a. at remote sites, enable "ip wccp 61 redirect in" on the LAN interface(s) and "ip wccp 62 redirect in" on the WAN interface.

b. at central site, enable "ip wccp 62 redirect in" on the LAN interfaces

[L3 vlan interfaces] and "ip wccp 61 redirect in" on the WAN interface.

Now, I've seen some documents that state that we should only use inbound wccp redirection

with Catalyst chassis. Is that statement true?

If so, should we only configure "ip wccp 61 redirect in" on the remote LAN interface and the central site WAN interfaces, correct?

5 Replies 5

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

You will need 'ip wccp 61 redirect in' and 'ip wccp 62 redirect in' on both locations. Typically 62 faces the WAN and 61 faces the LAN. Inverse will work as well as long as 61 and 62 are present. 61 uses the mask/hash to direct traffic to the WAE. 62 uses the inverse of the mask/hash to direct traffic.

Some switches only support redirect in. I believe the 6500 will support out but it is highly recommended not to do this as it will cause WCCP redirection to occur in software and not hardware.

What does lockup mean in your installation?

You mentioned you are using L2 redirection. Did you also specify MASK. Is the WAE on a dedicated subnet or on a subnet where direction is also occuring.

HTH,

Dan

You will need 'ip wccp 61 redirect in' ...

Are you saying that we should have "ip wccp 61 redirect in" on the LAN interface(s) in the central and remote locations and "ip wccp 62 redirect in" on the WAN interface in the central and remote locations.

Some switches only support redirect in ...

What you wrote is what I've read, and that means that I should not use wccp 61 redirect in at the Catalyst?

Also, if I don't use redirection inbound at the Catalyst, what benefit do I get on the WAN link?

Re:lockup. I don't know exactly. The guys who started the installation said the console port was "locked out."

Re:mask. We intend to use mask-assign.

Re:WAE subnet. Yes, the WAE is on a dedicated subnet.

I have a very similar configuration, where the cpu utilization of the active sup720 went to 98% - 100%.

So far we have found something related to TCAM utilization. A process called "FM Core" uses up cpu cycles.

We currently have TAC Catalyst team investigating.

Do you have a lot of ACLs in your config?

We have some ACLs in the config, but not a lot of them.

Are you saying that we should have "ip wccp 61 redirect in" on the LAN interface(s) in the central and remote locations and "ip wccp 62 redirect in" on the WAN interface in the central and remote locations.

- Correct.

What you wrote is what I've read, and that means that I should not use wccp 61 redirect in at the Catalyst?

- 'Catalyst' is the label for all cisco switches. You will want to use redirect in rather than redirect out. Search cisco.com from 'configure wccp xxxx' where xxxx is the switch model number. one of the links should detail the configuring wccp and the limitation for that model.

Without greater detail of locked out, i cannot provide guidance.

HTH,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: