Disk Space Full? NSS3000/CDP

Unanswered Question
Sep 16th, 2009

Can anyone chime in on this issue?

I have created 7 shares each with a maximum disk space of 60GB with warning at 50GB watermark. One volume contains all shares. Total capacity of volume is 932GB in a RAID10 configuration. all shares are about 1% utilized. Yet I am getting messages from Continuous Data Protection software that disk space is full.

I was successful in storing the initial backup to the NSS3000 nas. The Nas3000 has 4 500GB hard drives. The array has been working for one week and now all PCs are chatting that disk space is full.

The host environment is XP Pro workstations connected in a workgroup configuration. The RV082 router is in the circuit.

Any ideas what to touch next on this issue?

Eugene

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven DiStefano Wed, 09/16/2009 - 08:46

When you set up CDP-F on the PC, it asks you to specify the max space it will use.  That could be causing the alert if you didnt make it match what you actually have partitioned for each user on the NSS.

The other thing is CDP-F optionally allows the client to write a parallel backup on a partition on the C drive itself (of the client PC).  Check that too.

Check both in the CDP-F GUI on the PC Client.

Steve DiStefano

EugeneD12 Wed, 09/16/2009 - 09:34

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I verified that CDP-F was set to the same share capacity as set for each user, in this case 60GB.

I even deleted the share and recreated it, yet I am getting the same error message poping up on CDP-F alerts.

I find that I can't save or create a folder on the share even when I access the contents of the share from a mapped drive in my networks page. That is, I can't access the share drive even through windows Explore. It asks me to check permissions. That's odd, because I was able to do an initial backup to each share.

I have file sharing enabled on the local PCs. The NSS firewall policy allows all users access. So I am kinda buried upto my axle on this issue. Any hints would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Eugene

EugeneD12 Tue, 09/22/2009 - 18:14

I did some old fashion troubleshooting and found that the NSUSER account quota was exceeded. When I increased it, things began to work. I set a warning limit and a maximum limit. The line entry changed from red to black. This fixed the access denied response entry in the CDP-F error log.

Cheers!

Eugene

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content