cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS design to multiple sites

robwagner
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently running WAAS between our HQ office and a regional site via 2 P-To-P T1's with a 2851 router at each site. The HQ router also has a MPLS T1 that feed 3 other small regional offices. I want to convert the P-To-P T1's to a larger MPLS circuit that will handle all 4 sites from HQ.

My question is, if WAAS is currently running at HQ and only one of the 4 regional sites will it work or do I have to install WAAS network modules at the remaining 3 sites?

Thanks,

Rob

2 Replies 2

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

If your goal is to have WAAS optimize the traffic for all sites, you will need a WAE device at each site.

If the goal is to only optimize the one regional site, this will work. The HQ WAE will see the traffic destine to your other sites and mark it as No Peer and put this traffic into path-through mode.

HTH,

Dan

Great, thanks for the response. Yes, I only want to optimize traffic to the one site, the others are so small they barely use any bandwidth.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: