OK here is the deal. I am testing for a setup I want to deploy for a client who needs to connect to our office.
What I want to do:
When hostX tries to connect to destination tcp port 9999 on the outside interface of my ASA5520 and then the traffic should be translated to port 3389 on my desktop. Pretty simple no??
Right now here is what is working:
1. From my desktop I can ping hostX
2. From Wireshark I can see the SYN packet come in, and the SYN ACK packet go out to hostX.
Here is whats not working.
1. The SYN ACK packet never gets to hostX.
2. The ASA is not logging any denied packets.
1. Can I assume all the NATing that needs to be done is OK since my ping to hostX is working.
2. I created access-lists for the outside interface. A static entry for the PAT. Am I missing anything???