SPA525G - bug - SCA Line ID Mapping does not work

Unanswered Question

SCA Line ID Mapping listed on the Phone tab and uder Miscellaneous Line Key Settings does not work on SPA525G phones as described in the admin guide. according to the Admin guide this option "Specifies the shared call appearance line ID mapping. Choose Vertical First or Horizontal First. Each LED can hold two calls and the first call on an LED makes it light up. Horizontal first means the second call makes the same LED flash. Vertical first means the second call lights up the next LED.

For example, if Extension 101 is assigned to two LEDs, and Vertical First is selected, the second call on Extension 101 lights up the second LED. The third call makes the first LED flash, and the fourth call makes the

second LED flash.

But, it does not look like that changing the setting makes any difference. on the other hand this works perfect on older Linksys SPA942 and SPA962 phones.

is there any ETA when will this get fixed? our company is planning a large deployment of the SPA525 phones and this has been the reason why we did not.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 09/16/2009 - 13:29

For bugs, you need to contact Linksys/Cisco via TAC, and good luck.

Sorry, nobody can give you an ETA for fix here.

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 09/16/2009 - 14:08

Few Cisco TAC engineers are here and often able to comment on bugs that have an ID already.

However filing new bugs has to go through the traditional channel I'm afraid.

Nicholas Matthews Wed, 09/16/2009 - 14:16

For what it's worth - it's possible to due through forums but it just isn't feasible unless it's a fairly straightforward issue. If there is major business impact or requires a good amount of debugs/time, you will definitely want a TAC case.

Nicholas Matthews Wed, 09/16/2009 - 14:08

I just checked for this setting on my SCCP SPA525 here and didn't see the setting on the phone tab.

Are you running a linksys SPA or the Cisco SPA that runs SPCP?

And it it in SCCP or SIP mode?

This Discussion