Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence in Corporate directory

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

In CUCM feature and services documents, it shows how presence works in corporate directory but it doesn't show how to configure it. if you show me how to configure presence in corporate directory, I'll be very appreciated.

thanks

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tim Walker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you need to do the following:-

1. Enable the following on enterpirse parameters:-

BLF For Call Lists

It is disabled by default.

2. Configure a Calling Search Space to be used for this functionality. This CSS must contain the partition(s) of all the DNs in the corporate directory. You could use an existing CSS but I like to create a new one, up to you.

3. Assign this CSS to the Subscribe Calling Search Space of the IP Phones or the end users.

If you are using Extension Mobility, I recommend assigning this CSS to the Subscribe Calling Search Space of the end users so they can only view presence status in corporate directory when a profile is logged in. If you don't care for this functionality or are not using EM, simply assing the CSS to the IP Phone.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tim Walker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you need to do the following:-

1. Enable the following on enterpirse parameters:-

BLF For Call Lists

It is disabled by default.

2. Configure a Calling Search Space to be used for this functionality. This CSS must contain the partition(s) of all the DNs in the corporate directory. You could use an existing CSS but I like to create a new one, up to you.

3. Assign this CSS to the Subscribe Calling Search Space of the IP Phones or the end users.

If you are using Extension Mobility, I recommend assigning this CSS to the Subscribe Calling Search Space of the end users so they can only view presence status in corporate directory when a profile is logged in. If you don't care for this functionality or are not using EM, simply assing the CSS to the IP Phone.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Just one question: there is a limitation for this feature?

I ask this because, I've a customer with the ccm cluster on a data center, and we are worried about the traffic that this signalling may generate.

There is a reccomendation for quantity of user per Presence Group or per CCM server ?

Customer has 2x MCS 7825

TIA

Andres Pasten

Adexus S.A.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: