cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with RV042 and Dual Wan

santosthiago
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, first of all I would like to apologize for my bad English.

I live in Brazil and just bought a RV042 to my office.
The idea is to have a VPN concentrator (to all external users) and a link fail-over device to the internal users.

I configured the RV042 to my two links (two cable links with DHCP enabled from different ISPs), but there my problem started. :(
My ISP (just one of them) makes MAC check to provide ip address, so, I cloned the MACs of the linux box that used to be my firewall to the interfaces of RV042.
The problem is that the WAN2 interface of RV042 doesn´t get the address... It stays with 0.0.0.0.
If a take the cable back to the linux or plug it on the WAN1 interface, all works as expected.

Could anyone point me a direction?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

If the dual wan is in Auto Mode (load balancing) both WAN ports will get their IP addresses. If dual wan is in Smartlink Backup mode, only the primary WAN port gets an IP address.

Sorry. My post was incomplete.

RV042 is in LOAD BALANCE mode and network service detection is enabled.

Given what you described, please contact the Samll Business Support Center for further troubleshooting.

santosthiago
Level 1
Level 1

I was finally able to make the second WAN interface to get IP.

Every time I reboot RV042 I need to go to Port Management, Disable and Enable the DMZ/Internet port.

If I don´t do this, the interfaces stays with the 0.0.0.0 address.

That makes the magic and the correct IP address is received from the DHCP and appears at that interface on the summary screen.
Is this a real bug or may I be missing something?

Thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: