cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

305006: regular translation creation failed for protocol 50 src ** SOLVED *

tf2-conky
Level 1
Level 1

I see several posts on this subject have been added already, but I thought I would add my 2c.

I've been trying to get a remote IPsec VPN(Cisco client) connecting from the inside of our office ASA to a remote ASA.

The client would connect fine, but no traffic would pass through the VPN.

This is what I would see in show logging asdm

305006: regular translation creation failed for protocol 50 src INSIDE_Gi1/2.2:192.168.x.x dst OUTSIDE_Gi0/0.60:x.x.x.x

To fix this I enabled "inspect ip-pass-through" under the global policy inspection map on the local ASA , and added "crypto isakmp nat-traversal" to the remote ASA.

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

This error you are getting is because the firewall is not being able to PAT an entire protocol such as GRE. On previous versions such like 6.3 releases, there was a way to configure a fixup protocol for PPTP connections that was able to make the VPN connections patted work. The only way that you can make this work, is configuring a one to one static nat between the vpn client ip address and a public ip in order to be able to make this connection work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: