cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA behind PIX problems

remco.gussen
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ASA 5550 cluster behind a PIX 525 firewall. I'm trying to connect to the internet that is behind the PIX 525 from an inside host behind the ASA. I configured overload on the ASA outside interface (Dynamic NAT rule). The ASA outside interface is connected to the PIX 525 DMZ segment. Also, there is a Dynamic NAT rule on the PIX for overloading all DMZ addresses to the Outside PIX interface (Internet).

From my inside host i can ping addresses on the internet (www.google.nl), but a websession is not possible. On both firewalls the NAT rules are ok,firewall policies permit ip any.

I also did a test to make a static nat rule for port 3389 on the PIX and on the ASA. I tried to set up a RDP connection form the Internet to my inside host. Netstat -an on inside host display an "Established" connection on port 3389 from the Outside internet host.. On my outside Internet host, it takes 30 seconds, noting there...

I don't know where to find the solution to this problem..

4 Replies 4

apdatasoft
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what does the log of Pix & ASA shows.

Thanks

AP

I found out something.

It seems to be an MTU problem. Normal (default) ping is ok. Ping with -l switch, gives problems. A packet size of 214 is ok, from 215 it goes wrong..

Client is behind WLC controller btw..

Maybe the problem is on the WLC...

Hi,

What is the version running on your WLC,as there is a know bug for MTU less than 1500 on WLC.The solution is to upgrade the controller firmware to 4.0(155)

thanks

Sachin Verma

Newest version !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card