Views
Helpful
Replies

Making Logical Interface on WAN port

junshah22
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to make logical Interfaces on my Cisco 2811 Ethernet WAN port,

I will use two internet connections on this port,, both connections will be terminating on a layer 2 switch, D-Link, and the switch will be connected to the Router,

Is it possible?????

The router asks me to first make this port for ISL or 802.1q....

9 Replies 9

rahulcapable
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Yes it is possible to do this.

what i will suggest is that u can create a trunk between router and the the D-link switch. Please revert for any more clarification. Also put the logs in the next post, if u face any more issues

can you please give me any example,,,

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need a switch with 802.1q VLAN support, it's quite possible the one you have doesn't do that, so get a cisco a linksys switch.

ok.. lets assume that I have it... then....

should I configure it the same way we do Inter vlan Routing???

Yes.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

ok,, sure,, let me check it out first..:-)

Should I be able to configure Soft IPsec VPN on the router????

and the users will communicate with 2 live IPs,, I mean,, some users will use one , and the others will use the second one,,,

As well, I want to configure the site-to-Site VPN...

The main Objective is to use only one ethernet WAN Port...

You can do that.

If you have no experience in configuring routers, VPN etc, I recommend you hire a certified professional for safe results without business-affecting mistakes.

:-)

I am CCNA Certified,,

Actually due to short down time, I want to complete the documentation first.. and want to ensure that this will work,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card