cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS server sizing tool

vergeerf
Level 1
Level 1

The large scale LMS deployment guide includes a link to the LMS server sizing tool. However this is a dead link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/prod_presentation_list.html

what's the correct URL?

4 Replies 4

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not too new. It's an internal link that should have never been published. If you have a specific capacity question, I can provide the details.

A customer want's to consolidate two servers (into a single virtualized server) and I want to determine the server specifications. The deployment guide for 3.2 specifies up to 5000 devices on a single server (except for DFM) But my customer has all CWLMS applications installed including HUM and IPM. So, how to calculate server specifications based on, number of interfaces, number of expected syslog messages, number of HUM pollers, DFM polling IPM collectors, etc.... please advise

Given that HUM will be installed, the maximum number of devices you can have in LMS is 1500 with 300 managed by HUM. They will not be able to install all applications on one virtual server and still support 5000 devices.

If they build one server for LMS without HUM, they can manage all 5000 provided the server has at least 2 CPUs and 4 GB of RAM. To manage all 5000 in HUM, they will need five dedicated HUM servers as HUM even by itself can only handle 1000 devices.