cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Vs Hard Phone

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

I was wondering if I could get everyone's opinion on the advantages of using a full deployment of Extension mobility vs a full deployment of hard phones. Our company has been rolling out each of its sites as EM. However I do not believe everything needs to be setup as EM and it should be used as the exception rather than the rule. Thoughts are welcome.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Extension Mobility is usually used for two purposes:

1) Mobility

If the user has to move around pretty often, EM would be a good solution.

2) Security (or toll control)

If every user logout from EM before leaving the office.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

Hope life is treating you well my friend!

I tend to agree with you that EM should be the "exception rather than the rule" in most cases. If users are in open or "shared" bullpen style areas or if they need to move between desks/workspaces then EM is a perfect choice. If users have permanent offices and secure workspaces then EM seems like overkill to me. A mix and match solution seems like a better idea, why make all users go through the whole login/logout procedure when they are always at the same desk? Doesn't seem like a great, "user friendly" plan to me.

Just my 2 cent$

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Extension Mobility is usually used for two purposes:

1) Mobility

If the user has to move around pretty often, EM would be a good solution.

2) Security (or toll control)

If every user logout from EM before leaving the office.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

Hope life is treating you well my friend!

I tend to agree with you that EM should be the "exception rather than the rule" in most cases. If users are in open or "shared" bullpen style areas or if they need to move between desks/workspaces then EM is a perfect choice. If users have permanent offices and secure workspaces then EM seems like overkill to me. A mix and match solution seems like a better idea, why make all users go through the whole login/logout procedure when they are always at the same desk? Doesn't seem like a great, "user friendly" plan to me.

Just my 2 cent$

Rob

Thanks to both of you for your imput.