cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Processes down after LMS 3.2 upgrade

jhbrubaker
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded LMS from 3.0.1 to 3.2 and now getting errors like "DCR server is down or inaccessible", "JRM server is down or inaccessible", etc.

Where do I begin to troubleshoot these? I followed steps in another thread to delete the database logs and run a process on the DBs then restart. However that didn't work.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command. On what platform is LMS running?

Let's see if I get this right. Running on Windows 2003. Attached is the PDSHOW.TXT.

The database monitors are in trouble, but all known bugs with that should have been fixed. Check the Windows Event Viewer for errors related to the dbmonitor.exe process. Also, post the TomcatMonitor.log and NameServerMonitor.log.

I've attached the logs you requested. Also attached is the errors in the Windows application logs.

Thanks!

There appears to be a serious permissions problem on this server. Make sure the casusers group has Full Control over NMSROOT and all subdirectories.

That appears to have been the problem. Everything looks to be up at this point. I'm going to check the everything else to make sure it came over in the upgrade. Thanks!