Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 Auto Attendant - Caller Input issue

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

I am building auto attendant in the Unity system 5.0

Everything went well except when the caller enter a wrong key/entry, the system will say “I don't recognize that as a valid entry” and Then “Hello Cisco unity system…” basically it is out of my auto attendant and the caller have no way to come back to auto attendant.

It seems to be fragile setup as most of the caller can misdial at any time.

One thing that I did, for the keys that are not being used, I have it send to the original call handler, basically it will go back to the main menu, so it is kind of looping. If I don't do this, it will throw it off the system when the caller enter/press unused key (even though I setup as “ignore key”)

However, when the caller press enter a invalid 4-digit ext. The Unity system will throw it off and say “I don't recognize…” and the caller have to call back to get into the menu.

Is there any way we can prevent this so it can be more bullet proof?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't have the link with the full instructions but if you go to the advanced settings tool there is an option that will allow you to see the "error" option for the greeting. You can loop to the same greeting, hang up, etc.

It might be in NetPro, try searching unity + advanced settings + error

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sienz,

Take a look at this previous posting:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cc307e0/0#selected_message

In the Tools Depot under Administration Tools, use the Audio Text Manager. Click "Grid View" tab and find the call handler in question. On the right hand side, select the Greetings tab, then Error tab. Here is where you can define where the call goes.

Hope that helps,

Brad

you can also use BulkEdit to change the error greeting behavior for multiple handlers or users - the "loop back to self" option is there for this - on an invalid input it'll restart the greeting of the current handler.

As a side note, in Unity Connection this is the default behavior...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: