cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7 ISO part files bootable dvd

bschear
Level 1
Level 1

I am downloading the two Unity Connection 7 part files and following the instructions to combine them into a single file. I can never boot off the created ISO though to actually install Unity Connection 7.x either by burning it to a DVD to testing with pointing directly to the ISO with VMWare.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

You have to keep in mind that the .iso files can not be used for installs only upgrades from supported UC versions :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you.

Wish Cisco would have mentioned that. I was downloading because I am going from 1.x to 7.x and the 7.x media sent was bad. Opened a case and Cisco had indicated to download from that location. I guess I have to call and get them to send another set of Media.

Hi Brian,

TAC should know this :)

Send them this clip from the release Notes;

The upgrade application posted on Cisco.com can be used only to upgrade from Cisco Unity Connection 7.x or 2.1(2) or later to the shipping 7.1 version. It cannot be used to install a new Connection 7.1 server, or to migrate from Connection 1.x to 7.1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/release/notes/712cucrn.html#wp396915

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: