l2tpv3 vrf-lite

Unanswered Question
Sep 18th, 2009

am attempting to build a hub and spoke topology using l2tpv3. at the hub CE the virtual interfaces are placed in individual vrfs. this i have tested successfully where the tunnel end points/local interface are routable in the global routing table. so i know my l2tp configuration is correct.

however in the live environment all the local interfaces will be in a VRF on the CEs. in this configuration, the virtual interfaces do not come up as the local interfaces, associated with the virtual interface via the pseudowire line of configuration, is said to be down. im assuming that as the local interafce is no longer in the global routing table the CE cannot find the interface. have tried adding the same local interface IP as a loopback in the global routing table and the VRF as well. but i get the error message that the tunnel wont come up as the CE thinks it already exists and the new l2tp attempt is a duplicate.

can someone pls confirm if, when using l2tpv3, the local interface can be in a VRF. if so is there a 'vrf <name>' statement i have to add somewhere. i have been through the configuration variables for the Virtual Interface, L2tp-class and pseudowire-class, but cannot find any 'vrf' command. cannot find any reference to l2tpv3 and vrf-lite on CCO either.

any help much appreciated.

I have this problem too.
2 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion