Views
Helpful
Replies

accessing devices on port 2770

Seno_abdon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am able to connect to vpn and can pretty much do everything except access a server using a client application on my pc on port 2770, thoughi am able to do so if not connecting through vpn. Is there anything that needs to be set on the vpn for this to work

client is 5.0.04.0300

Rgds,

Sennen

5 Replies 5

Alexandro Carrasquedo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what is your vpn server? router? do you have nat exception for this ip/port 2770 (do not nat traffic from the internal pc when going to the vpn client's pool)? you can also try lowering the tcp mss.

Alex.

The vpn router is a cisco 2800.

the vpn server gives ip address in the same network as the interface of the server connected to the vpn network.

The server has another interface on another network for accessing it when not in the vpn.

I will try lowering the tcp mss on the solaris 10 server. Does it also have to be done on the cisco?

Hi,

I would be better if you post the error messages that you can capture in 2800.

Also, when you are trying to connect the solaris, can you confirm whether the request packet reaches the solaris server or not (this can be done by capturing packets in server).

Also, tell us, why you are more concerned abt mss?

-Jags.

you should change the vpn pool to be something other than your internal network to force the traffic to be sent to your default gateway (router) you can lower the tcp on the inside interface of your 2800 (conf-if)#ip tcp adjust-mss 1300 ... try both suggestions and test.

Alex.

you should change the vpn pool to be something other than your internal network to force the traffic to be sent to your default gateway (router) you can lower the tcp on the inside interface of your 2800 (conf-if)#ip tcp adjust-mss 1300 ... try both suggestions and test.

Alex.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card