cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't view CONFIG_CHANGE from RME

qlgendrano
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having problem viewing CONFIG_CHANGE from RME Change Audit page. I'm seeing message DCMA0055:CM0036: The configuration file cannot be displayed as this could be a binary file.

Anyone knows how to view this? I have RME 4.1.1 installed on Windows.

Many thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are trying to view the VLAN configuration (i.e. vlan.dat) which is a binary data file. What you are seeing is expected. You cannot view the change details for the VLAN config. If you want to disable the change audit generation for these configs, go to RME > Admin > Change Audit > Config Change Filter, and check the "Enable vlan Change Audit Filter" box.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are trying to view the VLAN configuration (i.e. vlan.dat) which is a binary data file. What you are seeing is expected. You cannot view the change details for the VLAN config. If you want to disable the change audit generation for these configs, go to RME > Admin > Change Audit > Config Change Filter, and check the "Enable vlan Change Audit Filter" box.

Thanks! I did what you said and now I'm able to see what I need.

dmukimbekov
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, all work now.

xiangyong chu
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same problem and do as the

but i always have the problem  viewing CONFIG_CHANGE from RME Change Audit page. I'm seeing message DCMA0055:CM0036: The configuration file cannot be displayed as this could be a binary file

what can i do to fix this ,I have RME 4.1.0 installed on Windows.

See my answer to this thread.  You will never be able to view the VLAN config in RME as that is a binary file.  However, you can disable the creation of ChangeAudit records whenever the VLAN config is archived.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: