Views
Helpful
Replies

AIM-CUE on CCME

cmelbourne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a customer with cisco express and unity express using an AIM-CUE module.

we are planning on upgrading the software from version 2.3 to 3.1 i think it is. (one of the latest ones).

am i right in thinking we could get a spare aim-cue with the latest code on it and take a backup of the config/voicemail and then swap the modules and then once swapped then just restore the voicemails , configs etc..

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, however if you arrange for remote access, you can do that without touching hardware in 1 or 2 hours.

hey,

thanks for the update.

only done it once before and was a bit of a pain to be honest. i am going from release 2.1 to a fairly new release and said you need to do a clean install it says. does a clean install mean you lose the config and voicemails etc..?

Also, does the unity express software itself sit on the AIM-CUE then?

Yes clean install wipes out everything bust most often is the only thing that works. If you want to save aggravation hire me as I have all the patience of the world.

Yes the software sits on the flash disk of the CUE.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

heya,

try it myself but thanks for the offer,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: