cuc 7.1.2 HA Failover

Unanswered Question
Sep 18th, 2009

Have a Unity Connection cluster with a primary and secondary server. The server's are clustered fine and each server has 24 vicemail ports configured. In call Manager I tried creating two voicemail pilots, the first pilot has the primary server voicemmail ports listed first and the secondary ports at the bottom of the Hunt Group using the top down algorithem. The Second Pilot I have the reverse order. The reason for this is to reduce wan traffic due to the server's being in different buildings. The problem I'm having is only the pilot with the active server first works, the pilot with the secondary first always gets a fast busy. If i call the individual ports both server's answer the call. Is tis a supported configuration or can there only be one vm pilot? Thank you...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
rob.huffman Fri, 09/18/2009 - 10:27

Hi Robert,

Although this is not specified anywhere in the documentation, i can't see this being a supported config. One of the main problems is this setting related to the SCCP integration with CUCM;

Make This the Default Voice Mail Pilot for the System ***there can only be one per integration***

Check this check box. When this check box is checked, this voice mail pilot number replaces the current default pilot number.

You may also want to have a look at the HA section of this excellent design Guide

(attached) which speaks to the "Best practice" for Port distribution between Pub and Sub;

Hope this helps!

bmcghee Fri, 09/18/2009 - 11:40

Thanks Rob, I think I got it working now. Instead of setting all the ports in one hunt group, I split them into two hunt groups (one primary and one secondary) and then added both hunt groups to two different hunt lists and reversed the order in each list. Two vm pilot, one points to one list and the other pilot points to the second list. I haven't tested failover yet but both pilots hit the corresponding

server. Thanks for the doc., I'll check that out as well...

This Discussion