Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Call dropped in 15mins

I have a gateway where foll config exist. This gateway has a sip trunk to callmanager where mtp is checked

when i make calls using this sip trunk, calls drop after 15 mins..could this be sip reinvte issue.If yes, how do i fix this issue

any tip appreciated

dial-peer voice 25311 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 800.......

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.25.8.11

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay sip-notify rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

!

dial-peer voice 25310 voip

preference 2

destination-pattern 8.........

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.25.8.10

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay sip-notify rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's almost definitely related to session expiry or refresh. A common value is 1800 (30 minutes) and the refresh happens at half of that.

Likely there is a signaling error or a failure to negotiate the refresh value.

You may also want to change some of the refresh values in CUCM - maybe you can just refresh faster than the other side and avoid the issue altogether.

There were a number of re-invite based bugs in the earlier 20T/22T/24T versions, but as far as I know most of them are fixed in 20.T4

-nick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You know, I have the same issue since two years and didn't yet made and effort to fix it.

I just kind of live with that.

If you're using SIP with CUCM, you're probably best on a 12.4(20)T or later IOS. The SIP stack was pretty well updated in this release, and you'll see a lot of features like mid-call reinvites working better. If you're doing SIP-SIP make sure you have:

voice service voip

sip

midcall-signalling passthru

hth,

nick

Tried adding this, still drops. I should take a trace and didn't yet.

It's almost definitely related to session expiry or refresh. A common value is 1800 (30 minutes) and the refresh happens at half of that.

Likely there is a signaling error or a failure to negotiate the refresh value.

You may also want to change some of the refresh values in CUCM - maybe you can just refresh faster than the other side and avoid the issue altogether.

There were a number of re-invite based bugs in the earlier 20T/22T/24T versions, but as far as I know most of them are fixed in 20.T4

-nick

Changed the "SIP session-expires" timer to 86400 seconds on the CM service parameters.

and that fixed the issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: