Paging 'beep', or simple IP Phone doorbell

Answered Question

I have an IP Phone setup in a lobby area, and would like to use it as a 'doorbell' for when a visitor is waiting in the lobby. I have it setup now with a button set to a 'paging ip', then a number of phones in the corresponding paging group. The issue is that with the paging group, it just starts and instant one-way audio connection. I'd like a 'beep', similar to an intercom setup.

What methods could I use to accomplish this? Can I configure the page to beep? or is there a way to setup a multi-phone intercom that will do the normal intercom beep? Or a way to just send a beep to a bunch of phones all at once?

thanks,

Criag

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Marcos Hernandez about 7 years 2 months ago

There is no native way to do this Craig. A customized TCL script could possibly give you something, but it would not be TAC supported. Theoretically, you could dial a number that invokes the TCL, and then the TCL would dial the paging group and play a prompt (which would be the beep). If you want the broadcast paging to be tied to the original call (from the Lobby IP Phone), then that would complicate such script. Again, just giving you ideas worth exploring if this is a must.

Thanks,

Marcos

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Marcos Hernandez Fri, 09/18/2009 - 11:35

There is no native way to do this Craig. A customized TCL script could possibly give you something, but it would not be TAC supported. Theoretically, you could dial a number that invokes the TCL, and then the TCL would dial the paging group and play a prompt (which would be the beep). If you want the broadcast paging to be tied to the original call (from the Lobby IP Phone), then that would complicate such script. Again, just giving you ideas worth exploring if this is a must.

Thanks,

Marcos

Actions

This Discussion