Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 7.1 on 2851 w/VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 - config check

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

I'm brand new to the voice world and I"m getting ready to install a 2851 voice bundle in my office. I'm working on configuring the 2851 right now, and I have a few questions about the PRI configuration and setting up translations for inbound/outbound calls.

First, here is what I have for my PRI config:

card type t1 0 0

isdn switch-type primary-ni

controller T1 0/0/0

cablelength long 0db (default command)

pri-group timeslots 1-24

int Serial0/0/0:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

no cdp enable

voice-port 0/0/0:23

echo-cancel coverage 24

local-alerting

station-id name IT Team

station-id number 6270

Does that look correct?

I received the config from our current provider and have pretty much copied it exactly. The main difference is that the config I received has "pri-group timeslots 1-24 service mgcp" What's the function of adding 'service' at the end?

For the inbound/outbound call mapping, I have a small range of DID's that will map to the various extensions internally. How do I go about mapping those numbers? I've read some other posts, but I'm not clear on what the setup is.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No commands under voice-port are necessary.

You will need to configure one or more pots dial-per depending on the intended level of control. A compelte config has even more commands, translation rules etc but you can add these later.

Configure netwock-clock-select for the T1 also.

mgcp doesn't relate to CME at all, just forget about it.

Thanks for the quick response.

When you say 'configure one or more pots dial-peer depending on the intended level of control,' what type of control are we talking about here? and what's the difference between a pots dial peer and a translation rule?

Dial-peer is what decides where and how goes the call you dial.

translation rules are to manipulate numbers, often necessary.

You have to read a bit on some cisco voip primer, cme admin guide, at some point things will become clear (almost).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: