Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 7.1 on 2851 w/VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 - config check

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

I'm brand new to the voice world and I"m getting ready to install a 2851 voice bundle in my office. I'm working on configuring the 2851 right now, and I have a few questions about the PRI configuration and setting up translations for inbound/outbound calls.

First, here is what I have for my PRI config:

card type t1 0 0

isdn switch-type primary-ni

controller T1 0/0/0

cablelength long 0db (default command)

pri-group timeslots 1-24

int Serial0/0/0:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

no cdp enable

voice-port 0/0/0:23

echo-cancel coverage 24

local-alerting

station-id name IT Team

station-id number 6270

Does that look correct?

I received the config from our current provider and have pretty much copied it exactly. The main difference is that the config I received has "pri-group timeslots 1-24 service mgcp" What's the function of adding 'service' at the end?

For the inbound/outbound call mapping, I have a small range of DID's that will map to the various extensions internally. How do I go about mapping those numbers? I've read some other posts, but I'm not clear on what the setup is.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No commands under voice-port are necessary.

You will need to configure one or more pots dial-per depending on the intended level of control. A compelte config has even more commands, translation rules etc but you can add these later.

Configure netwock-clock-select for the T1 also.

mgcp doesn't relate to CME at all, just forget about it.

Thanks for the quick response.

When you say 'configure one or more pots dial-peer depending on the intended level of control,' what type of control are we talking about here? and what's the difference between a pots dial peer and a translation rule?

Dial-peer is what decides where and how goes the call you dial.

translation rules are to manipulate numbers, often necessary.

You have to read a bit on some cisco voip primer, cme admin guide, at some point things will become clear (almost).