cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hunt list not working

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

When a HL forwards a call to voicemail as part of a second LG, Unity is playing the opening greeting, rather than subscriber. I use the Hlog key to log out of the hunt list, and the second LG is my vm. thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pete,

Thanks buddy!

HP Busy is set to 2200 ***this should be xxxx where xxxx = the Voicemail Pilot #

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

PETE,

This is typical when you do not have a pattern in Unity to match to the huntpilot of the HL. You will need to create a Call routing rule in unity to forward to correct call Handler in the system. You will use the forwarding rules in unity to accomplish this.

Thanks for the response. What I've also seen through the Call Viewer is that there is no forwarding number. Currently, I have the HP pattern equal to a subscriber account. I'll try the routing/call handler. thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pete,

CUCM will work this way :)

You have to keep in mind that a call that has routed via the Hunt Pilot will always ignore the CFWD Settings on Hunt Group Member phones. The normal way to control this then is via the Hunt Group Logout of member phones combined with the Hunt Pilot level forward settings.

The following describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

Hunting and Call Forwarding

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco Unified Communications Manager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) ***Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA), Call Forward Busy (CFB), or Call Forward All (CFA) settings for the attempted party (Line Group member Phones).

Cisco Unified Communications Manager offers the ability to redirect a call when hunting fails (that is, when hunting terminates without any hunt party answering, due either to exhausting the list of hunt numbers or to timing out). If used, this final redirection comprises a Call Forwarding action. Therefore, the Hunt Pilot Configuration window includes Call Forwarding configuration concepts that are similar to those found on the Directory Number Configuration window.

Example of Call Hunting

Although hunting differs from forwarding, hunting often originates as a call that gets forwarded to a hunt-pilot number. The call coverage feature extends hunting to allow final forwarding after hunting either exhausts or times out.

A typical call that invokes hunting can include the following phases:

The call hunts through provisioned hunt groups according to provisioned algorithms for each group. Hunting either succeeds (if a hunt party answers), exhausts (if all hunt parties are attempted, but none answer), or times out (if the time specified in the Maximum Hunt Timer runs out before all parties are attempted, and none of the parties that were attempted answer).

For the purpose of this example, we assume that hunting does not succeed.

If some form of final forwarding is configured, the call forwards to a next destination; otherwise, the call gets released.

Maximum Hunt Timer

The Maximum Hunt Timer field on the Hunt Pilot Configuration window allows the administrator to enter a value (in seconds) to limit the time for hunting through a hunt list. After the specified time lapses, if hunting has not succeeded, the call gets forwarded to a voice-messaging system, a specific dialed number, or some personal treatment (if configured), or the call gets released.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1078922

If the call goes unanswered or all member phones are logged out, then a Forward should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

....continued on next page

....from previous page

So what many people do is to do one of two things (it sounds like #1 would work for you);

1. Make the Hunt Pilot DN an Alternate Extension on an existing Line Group Members mailbox so the Red MWI Lamp would be lit on their phone.

2. Add a second "shared" line to all Line Group members phones and then set the Hunt Pilot DN as an Alternate Extension on this new line so the Red MWI Lamp would be lit on all member phones.

In this example we are going to go with Method #2 and Light the MWI Lamp on all the phones within the Line Group when a Message is left for the group.

Lets say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the newly created second line DN's on the Line Group member phones is 2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA) to the Unity Pilot #.

Create a mailbox for 2355 with 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Unity via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity should see the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the second Line appearances;

For the second Line Setting on (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob. Thanks for all the help. I have two LG, the later is the Unity Hunt Pilot. I am also using the Hlog softkey. The behavior is then more like "night mode", where when the user hits the Hlog key, the second line group is used, ie, Voicemail. Piece I am missing is that Unity is playing the opening greeting, not the vm box greeting.

Hey Pete,

No worries buddy! Do you have a mailbox setup for the Hunt Pilot number? Or did you try setting up the Hunt Pilot # up as an Alternate extension under the user mailbox?

Rob

Using the Alt Ext/User mb option is not going to work, business doesnt want this tied into anything.

I did try a vm box for the Hunt Pilot number, which is when I get the opening greeting. Its like I have a CSS misconfigured. I've done this before. just cant find the piece i am missing. thanks

Hi Pete,

It doesn't sound like a CSS issue to me as you are getting to Unity. It sounds like the system is not seeing the correct DN. Have you tried opening up the "Call Viewer" to see what the digits are that are being sent :)

Cheers!

Rob

apologies, it was in an earlier chain. I see the dialed number as the Hunt Pilot DN, but there never is a forwarding number.

Hey Pete,

Just for fun can you try setting up these Forwarding configs on the Hunt Pilot instead of using the "second" line group method;

If the call goes unanswered or all member phones are logged out, then a Forward should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

Cheers!

Rob

sure, I can try anything. Does the Hlog softkey still apply? Otherwise, it will hunt through all members of the LG before going to vm

Hi Pete,

Yes, the Logged out of Hunt Groups will "kick-in" the Forwarding :)

Rob

4 points just to keep you interested.

Interesting, when I Hlog out of HG, telcom sends "busy" response code, therefore HP behavior is Call Forward Busy, rather than CFNA.

So now.

HL has 3 members 1111, 1112, 1113.

HP is 2200.

HP Busy is set to 2200, with appropriate CSS. 2200 is also subscriber vm box.

sound right?

Hi Pete,

Thanks buddy!

HP Busy is set to 2200 ***this should be xxxx where xxxx = the Voicemail Pilot #

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: