Views
Helpful
Replies

routing

sharma16031981
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have three routers connected like A-b-c now A is running ospf and c is running eigrp and B is running both ospf and eigrp. Now I have ospf routes of router A in router B and then redistributed to rotuer C.

I got those routes in Router C but I am not able to ping those network from C

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Hemant

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to redistribute in both routing protocols - from OSPF into EIGRP and EIGRP into OSPF on Router B.

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

What do you mean by reach? You dont want someone behind router A to reach router C?

Then you need to configure an access-list on router A.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to redistribute in both routing protocols - from OSPF into EIGRP and EIGRP into OSPF on Router B.

__

Edison.

Thanks Edison !!!

Is it possible to configure that I only need that router C can reach all networks on router A. not vice-versa

or if I am able to see the route in sh ip route of router C then I will be able ping those network or not.

For router A to reach all the networks on Router C, Router C will have to know how to get back to router A.

If you see the route in the show ip route it does NOT mean you will be able to ping always. It means the router knows in his his table how to reach a certain network via an interface or ip address of gateway. To Ping you need two way communication. You may be able to reach the other end, but the other end will need to reach the source you pinged back. And that involves that the other end router needs to have a route back.

Thanks !!!

Now they are ping each other but what if I want only router C can reach all the networks of router A but not vice-versa

What do you mean by reach? You dont want someone behind router A to reach router C?

Then you need to configure an access-list on router A.

So if I am applying access list on router A then source would be network connected to router A and destination would be networks connected on router C.

And will be applied on interface connecting to router C with IN

That sounds right

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card