Helpful
Replies

?WRV200 SETUP

rainman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WRV200 router.

I have a static DSL address from my ISP

I have enabled DMZ with aninternal  IP address to a server.

I have enbaled Access Restriction to the same internal IP address.

I cannot ping nor access the server through the internet using a terminal emulator.

Are there any other settings that I need to be aware of.

My ISP says that it is a Firewall issue with the router.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rainman,

I wish I could say I have used the DMZ functionality on the WRV200.  I must admit i have used single fort forwarding almost exclusively, under the firewall tab to  achieve access to servers.

Just out of interest, what type of terminal emulation are you using, some more details would be useful ?

regards Dave

View solution in original post

Yeah, the dmz function on the wrv200 is used to put a device out on the internet without a firewall.  It is mainly used in like video-conferencing or anything that a firewall checking the packets would disrupt the performance of the stream needed.  It is not intended to be accessed directly from the outside via the public ip address.  Any access rules will be void to try and connect to the device since it is in the dmz.  He would need to do port forwarding with this router or get a rv042,82, or rv016 and utilize the one to one nat function.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rainman,

I wish I could say I have used the DMZ functionality on the WRV200.  I must admit i have used single fort forwarding almost exclusively, under the firewall tab to  achieve access to servers.

Just out of interest, what type of terminal emulation are you using, some more details would be useful ?

regards Dave

Yeah, the dmz function on the wrv200 is used to put a device out on the internet without a firewall.  It is mainly used in like video-conferencing or anything that a firewall checking the packets would disrupt the performance of the stream needed.  It is not intended to be accessed directly from the outside via the public ip address.  Any access rules will be void to try and connect to the device since it is in the dmz.  He would need to do port forwarding with this router or get a rv042,82, or rv016 and utilize the one to one nat function.

Thanks

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: