cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert any Cisco IP Phone from sccp to sip???

requiem1114
Level 1
Level 1

If 7960, 7961 and 7965 with sccp image.

I found a doc at cisco website about convert sccp to sip for 7940/7060.

I guess my question is that can this step apply to 7961 and 7965 or the rest of 79xx series model???

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

I found other website that show up how to convert sccp to sip also:

http://www.3cx.com/support/convert-cisco.html

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In short, yes.

p.bevilacqua.

Can I use those phones for 3rd party SIP call control environment after convert??

I saw 7940/60 has 3rd party firmware from cisco download website. But I dont see 3rd party firmware for 7961 or 7965.

Thanks

I think using cisco phones with 3party is a bad idea. You end up with many problems and do not use the many features of the phone. For example SIP loads do not support localization. Moreover I cannot get the 7941 phone to work with 3CX currently, and I'm ready to drop the ball.

If you want a simple and economic solution, use CCME on any router. It does a lot more than the "low cost solutions", is more stable, better documented and constantly evolving.

I am thinking to use cisco SIP Phone (since I have a few old Cisco IP Phone) for IP PBX hosted solution, like nextiva, jive, etc.

CME is still expensive for SMB, plus you need to get CUE also.

Virtual PBX hosted solutions all have issues, go ahead and try. BTW cisco phones don't support STUN so working with NAT is a nightmare.

You will find that $600 for a 2801 is very well spent money for a full-featured and robust PBX.

CUE is not mandatory.

p.bevilacqua,

Sorry to bother you again. How the caller to leave voice mail at CME (2801 like you mention) without CUE??

Are you talking to use regular voice mail machine and connect to fxs???

Thanks again!!

Yes you need CUE for voice mail.

What I've found is that in this world of email, SMS and cellphones, many customers do happily without vmail. At least in EU.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: