Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Distinctive Ringing on incoming FXO port

CHRIS YEO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get the UC520 to do anything with the distinctive ring, and it doesn't seem to recognize it.  In fact it doesn't even recognize the CID information when I call in on my 'second' line.

What I am trying to do here is to have a second number setup and have number 1 go to extension x and number 2 go to extension y.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CCA does allow you to map incoming FXO lines to extensions, yes.

IP Phones, FXS Lines, Hunt Groups, Voice mail or AA.

Possible in the Telephony Setup Wizard (shown) or expert mode.

FXO.GIF

Steve,

I think that I didn't do a very good job explaining myself.

I have an FXO port setup, and can set it up to a blast group, extension, aa, etc.  That's fine, easy, can be done.

So here is the setup:

I have one analogue trunk coming in, with the number 306-555-1212.  On that analogue trunk, I have another number 306-555-1213 that has a second ring pattern on that trunk.  When I plug in a old phone with CID, it rings both rings when they are called, and displays CID.

Now when I plug this line into the FXO port, it works fine for the first number, but when I ring the second number, it doesn't display CID.  Along with that, I can't find any docs that would indicate whether or not the FXO port would recognize the second ring pattern in which I could possibly do something else with.

Thanks!

I remember this CLASS feature called Teen Ring in some regions, allowing the same phone line to ring distinctive for calls to the family members (different numbers).

I wonder if the first silent interval (when CID is sent) fot the second DN is not coming at the time the FXO port expects it so is missed.  That would probably make sense.

I am not sure this is supported on FXO but can ask around.

Steve D.

CLID delivery might be behaving differently on both trunks. Can you verify with your Telco if there are actual differences? Based on that, we can define a configuration that works for your second FXO port.

You can also try to collect a "debug vpm all" for a good call (on the first port) and a bad call (on the other port) and compare them.

Let us know,

Marcos

Marcos,

I have attached the debug vpm all messages here.  There is a difference on the bad where it says it cannot read the cid information.  It is a little greek to me, so if you could take a look at it and see if there is any reason why the cid is not coming through.

Hi Chris,

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?

Marcos

Marcos,

I haven't found a solution yet.  I was going to upgrade our dev UC520 to 8.0 and see if it made any difference.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: