crashinfo

Unanswered Question
Sep 21st, 2009
User Badges:

I have a cisco 2950 switch. It's light suddenly trun orange and user can't go internet. user can internet again when the light turn green.

And It gernate a lot of crashinfo in the flash. Does anyone know what's problem? the OS problem , or hardware problem? and what tools can analyst crashinfo? or just can contact TAC?

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Giuseppe Larosa Mon, 09/21/2009 - 01:37
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hello Netcraft,

you can use the output interpreter if your CCO account has the rights to use the tools.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/support/index.html

under tools & resources select show all and try to access the output interpreter.

in the tool post

sh ver

you can attach the crashinfo file in text format.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Leo Laohoo Mon, 09/21/2009 - 14:12
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Can you post the crashinfo file?

Jerry Ye Wed, 09/23/2009 - 11:39
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

The software you have is very old. Have you tried to upgrade it to the latest code?

c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA13.bin

Regards,

jerry

Leo Laohoo Wed, 09/23/2009 - 14:19
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Are these the only crashinfo file? They're not much help. I agree with Jerry and try to upgrade to the latest (and last) IOS for the 2950 series switches.

netcrafteng Thu, 09/24/2009 - 04:28
User Badges:

It generate a lot of crashinfo. have 1- 80. Maybe I post the others I have.

The customer want to know why it will generate , and whether the crashinfo can find the reason why the light turn orange suddenly.

Thanks.

Jerry Ye Thu, 09/24/2009 - 05:41
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Crashinfo files are generated when there is a software/hardware issue. There is usually a reboot after the crash. Best thing for you to do is try the latest IOS to see if that fix the problem since this model is EOL.

Regards,

jerry

Actions

This Discussion