cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

crashinfo

netcrafteng
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 2950 switch. It's light suddenly trun orange and user can't go internet. user can internet again when the light turn green.

And It gernate a lot of crashinfo in the flash. Does anyone know what's problem? the OS problem , or hardware problem? and what tools can analyst crashinfo? or just can contact TAC?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Netcraft,

you can use the output interpreter if your CCO account has the rights to use the tools.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/support/index.html

under tools & resources select show all and try to access the output interpreter.

in the tool post

sh ver

you can attach the crashinfo file in text format.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post the crashinfo file?

netcrafteng
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your reply. Attached is the crashinfo

The software you have is very old. Have you tried to upgrade it to the latest code?

c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA13.bin

Regards,

jerry

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are these the only crashinfo file? They're not much help. I agree with Jerry and try to upgrade to the latest (and last) IOS for the 2950 series switches.

netcrafteng
Level 1
Level 1

It generate a lot of crashinfo. have 1- 80. Maybe I post the others I have.

The customer want to know why it will generate , and whether the crashinfo can find the reason why the light turn orange suddenly.

Thanks.

Crashinfo files are generated when there is a software/hardware issue. There is usually a reboot after the crash. Best thing for you to do is try the latest IOS to see if that fix the problem since this model is EOL.

Regards,

jerry

Ok, I will try to upgrade it. Thanks a lot!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: