cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS v4.2 for Windows multiple NICs?

a12288
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I would like separate ACS traffics on 2 two separate NICs, one for front end AAA service related traffics, and another one for web, backup administrative traffic, is it possible?

Leo

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe that ACS can only 'listen' on a single IP.

Hope that helps.

Hi Leo,

I'm not sure about your whole setup but you can explore setting up proxy server on ACS.

Also you can set up route on PC where ACS is installed to respond specific source address via specific interface.

Other then this I don't think there is any other way.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thanks, I would like to put ACS servers behind ACE (Cisco Load Balancer) which is the ACS servers' default gateway, and I would like to have a second NIC on ACS server to handle backup and web traffic which is NOT going through ACE, I am ok to configure static routing, and I am not asking for teaming, is that possible? otherwise, to load balancing ACS on ACE would be very challenging.

Leo

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Leo,

Teaming is not supported at this

time.

When ACS server has dual NIC, there might be problem with interoperability between ACS servers for functions like replication, RDBMS-sync, RADIUS proxy, remote logging, remote agent.

Already filed as enhancement.

CSCsr76897: ACS interoperability with dual NICs

HTH

Regrads,

JK

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: