Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.5 - Corpo-Directory - Subscriber transfer

Hi, I have Unity 4.5 and I would like that when some outside people don't know the president number, they ask our Unity Corpo-Directory, instead of transfering to our president it's gona transfer to is secretary.

I would like to know how to do that.

thanks

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Philippe,

Create a directory handler, make sure the President has his recorded name set. On his subscriber account under Call Transfer; instead of "ring extension" or "send to greeting" enter the secretary's extension in the blank field. This should ring his/her phone.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Let me know if I am wrong but in this case the president will have no voice mail. And the directory handler will allways transfer to the secretary.

The thing I would like to do is let the president have a voice mail for people inside the compagny or people from outside if they call is extension.

The exception will be outside people that don't know is extension so they ask the unity Corporate directory, they enter the name of the president on the phone pad and at this time the call is transfer to is secretary.

thanks

Philippe,

The President either has a voice mail box, or he doesn't. Unity cannot differentiate behavior for allowing/disallowing users to leave messages for him based on whether they're external vs internal calls. So, in the scenario I gave you, correct, all calls that are transferred to him will ring his secretary's phone.

If you don't want that to happen, the directory handler scenario isn't going to work the way you want it. With a directory handler, once you match the president's #, it's going to transfer right to his subscriber account in Unity so you're forced to configure his account to accomplish what you want; but it's not fitting your plan.

I'm no design expert, but you may be better off creating a caller input option to be transferred to the president and actually have the call sent to the secretary's phone.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: