cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with a .csv file in an AP conversion.

rcapao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade an Ap1240AG, from stand alone to LWAPP.

The question is … in the process of upgrading we have to create a .csv file to put some information in the WLC to manually associate the AP (now an LWAPP AP).

That .csv file has the mac address of the AP, their certification type, and public key hash values.

Who can I get this .csv file?

Thanks in advance,

Rui Capão

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That information is only needed if the AP does not already have a Manufacturer Installed Certificate (MIC). Perhaps the AP is new to enough to have a MIC, and therefore your CSV is not being populated with the information after the upgrade. If this is the case, then you don't need to import anything into the WLC.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rui,

The .csv is generated when running the Upgrade Tool (check the first doc linked below) :)

Upgrading Autonomous Cisco Aironet Access Points to Lightweight Mode

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp176272

LWAPP Upgrade Tool Troubleshoot Tips

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008072d9a1.shtml#prob

Hope this helps!

Rob

Also check out this WCS document for the CSV file, if planning to use WCS at all:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/5.2/configuration/guide/5_2apcfg.html#wpmkr1055396

Hi,

first off wall, thanks for the help.

The thing is that I do not have a WCS to make the association off the AP with LWAPP.

I have to do that with the controller (WLC), manually.

And when I used the tool that converts IOS APs to LWAPP APs, It should give me the .csv file (pressing the config button).

But when I do so, the .csv file is black, without the information that a need.

Thanks in advance,

Rui

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but are you asking about the CSV value that's required to upgrade the APs? You need to generate that yourself - the CSV file contains the list of AP IP addresses and passwords. A very basic CSV file looks like this for a default Cisco config:

10.0.0.1,Cisco,Cisco,Cisco

Or maybe I'm missing something, but I don't recall a CSV file being required other than this one.

Hi,

no, not that file… the file.

The file .csv that I'm talking about is that one that is created when we used the upgrade tool.

In that tool we have to press the “config” button, and with that we have a .csv file that has important information to associate the new (converted from IOS to LWAPP) AP to the WLC.

Someone as more ideas, please?

Thanks in advance,

Rui Capao

Are you talking about the SCC hash that needs to be added to the WLC to allow the AP to join? This is for older AP's that do not have MICs. If it's the SCC you need it's at the bottom of the log file which is generated by the upgrade tool during conversion.

If that's the case, the output for the upgrade tool should give you the security hashes you need. You can then manually type them into your controller GUI. The process can be painful for a lot of APs, but it will work.

But as garrsmith says, you should only need to do this for older APs (1100s, 1200s, and 1230s)

That information is only needed if the AP does not already have a Manufacturer Installed Certificate (MIC). Perhaps the AP is new to enough to have a MIC, and therefore your CSV is not being populated with the information after the upgrade. If this is the case, then you don't need to import anything into the WLC.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card