cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block all calls not from a specific calling number

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

I've seen plenty of examples of using translation rules to reject calls from specific calling numbers. However, I have a need to block all calls except those from a specific number. So I'm looking for a way to accept calls only from 1 number and either block all others, or send all others to a different number.

What's the best way to accomplish that? I'm using an PRI, H.323 gateway and CCM 4.

thanks,

Will

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

something like

voice translation-profile bad-number

translate called 10

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /.*/ /666/

dial-peer voice 100 pots

answer-address 5551234

dial-peer voice 200 pots

answer-address .

translate incoming bad-number

Do not use "incoming called-number" on any pots DP or that will override answer-address.

So there's a single PRI with a hundred plus DID's. I'm using incoming called-number . on the inbound pots dial-peer.

I only want to filter calls to a specific DID though, so I can't remove the incoming called-number .

You replace "incoming called-number ." with "answer-address ."

Both are generic statements enough to match the incoming DP, that's all what matters.

On the generic one then put a reject rule for the specifi calling number.

Forgot to mention all DP's will need "direct-inward-dial"

Would I use answer-address . on the inbound pots peer and answer-address . with the translation-profile referenced on the voip peer? Obviously I don't want to reference the translation-profile on the inbound pots peer.

Do not use any translation outbond.

Just translate any called number inboud.

It's been a really long and hectic day, so sorry if I'm being thick.

I want to filter inbound calls to a single # of over 100 #'s coming into a PRI -- so that the 1 # will only accept calls from 1 calling #.

It seems that if I make your changes, I'll be filtering calls to every # rather than just the 1. What am I missing?

thanks,

Will

You are right, my example above makes that all calls from 5551234 go to DN 666, that is something different, and even had a mistake.

For what you want:

voice translation-profile bad-number

translate called 10

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /666/ reject

dial-peer voice 100 pots

answer-address 5551234

direct-inward-dial

dial-peer voice 200 pots

answer-address .

translate incoming bad-number

direct-inward-dial

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: