cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 6.3(5) VLAN to VLAN traffic

tony_8528
Level 1
Level 1

Having issues passing traffic from one VLAN to the other VLAN through the PIX515e. I can access Internet through both VLANs but can not access one VLAN fro the other. Would appreciate some more eyes than just mine.

I have read the 6.3 docs. I also searched through this forum before posting. I am thinking this should be just like a DMZ setup since one VLAN has a lower security number than the other, due to version of code.

Obviously I am missing something. Thanks in advance for any help.

10 Replies 10

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Which vlan cannot communicate with which vlan?

None of the 3 VLANs can talk to the other VLANs. I can put a PC on any of the VLANs and PING the firewall, which is set as the gateway. However, no traffic will pass between any of the VLANs.

I see from your post - you have a restricted license, I suggest you look into the limitations on physical & logical interfaces for your platform.

Limitations are 3 physical and 5 logical. I am within the limitations.

what do you debugs & logs tell you when you try to connect from one vlan to another?

PINGs go no further than the VLAN interface on which they are received.

PING from PC 172.16.1.10 to PC 172.17.1.10 hits 172.16.1.1 and stops.

I can however get out to the Internet from both VLANs with no problem. I can not get from VLAN to VLAN. I believe my access-lists are correct, but still no traffic is being passed.

what do your logs say - they will likely indicate the issue

Sorry, I was not clear. I ran a "debug packet" on all three interfaces while running the PING test.

The debugs showed the PINGs hitting the VLAN interface and stopping.

Can you post the debug output?

I have not abandoned this, but it may be tomorrow before I can get back to it. Thanks for you effort and help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card