cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC (UCCX) Version 7.01 DB.... Can you make a copy of it

MICHAEL CICCONE
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if you can make an offline copy of the CRS DB. I want to do this so users can run the CRS Historical reports from the offline server vs the real server. If you can, is there some doc out there to help configure this?

Thanks

Mike

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CCX 7 still uses MSDE or MS SQL 2000 if you purchased it (or are running HA).

There is no documented or supported method of doing this; however, you can use standard methods of running SQL backups and copying the file elsewhere.

The supported path is to add an HA server. The HR client will automatically run against the standby server's DB in that scenario. This is why the HRC session limit is higher in HA than in a single node deployment.

Note that the unsupported path will be a short-lived solution if you do get it working. CCX 8.0 will be a sealed Linux appliance identical to UCM. I wouldn't invest much time in perusing this if I were you since you'll have to start over next year.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: