cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP-H323-SIP: No dtmf, hold/resume failure

philjaeger
Level 1
Level 1

I have an H323 gateway (28xx IOS) off of a Call Manager 5.1.3. I have SCCP 7960 and 7961's. Phones are registered with the CCM 5.1.3 and I have route patterns configured to route calls out via the H323 gateway. The calls are being routed out from the H323 via SIP Trunk. SIP is configured to send invites to our internal SBC which sets up calls with our carrier. I can establish calls and communicate w/ both 711 and 729 codecs. I just can't get dtmf to work outbound and I can't place a call on hold and resume. I can place the call on hold but I don't hear music and the phone display shows the call active for several seconds then I press hold again and I get an end call option..no resume. Anyone else have issues with a similiar design?

Tried implementing software MTP resources on gateway but they don't seem to work.

1 Reply 1

On your DTMF:

do a 'debug voip dialpeer'. You almost definitely are using 'incoming called-number .' and will need to redesign your incoming dial peer matching. Do a Cisco.com search for 'understanding incoming and outgoing dial peers'.

For your hold/resume:

Upgrade to 12.4(20)T4, and enter this command:

voice service voip

h323

emptycapability

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: