Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Archive/Disgorge Policy Quarantine

I have a scenario where I need to keep locally quarantined email for extended periods of time, like months. Obviously this causes problems with disk space.

Is there a way that at the end of a month, for example, I could forward/release the contents of the policy quarantine to a single email address (postmaster or somesuch). This is so that I can access them and forward them if they are required later. Ideally I would like to do this to all messages which are 30 days or older if that were an option.

Currently we have a C160 and budget does not allow for an M series appliance.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2 Replies 2

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

What you may want to do in the content filter that sends a message to the "Policy quarantine" is to add this Content Filter action that BCC's the message prior to sending to Policy quarantine.

Send Copy (Bcc:)

So, what you would be doing is BCC'ing the message to the email address on your side to archive and then send the message onto the onbox Policy quarantine. Set the Policy quarantine to keep for 30 days and then deleting automatically after 30 days.

Let me know how that goes.

Kevin

I have a scenario where I need to keep locally quarantined email for extended periods of time, like months. Obviously this causes problems with disk space.

Is there a way that at the end of a month, for example, I could forward/release the contents of the policy quarantine to a single email address (postmaster or somesuch). This is so that I can access them and forward them if they are required later. Ideally I would like to do this to all messages which are 30 days or older if that were an option.

Currently we have a C160 and budget does not allow for an M series appliance.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I really like "archive()" too. And it gets managed just as other log files. If the ironport doesn't have enough space. You can always pull it out and stored it elsewhere.