cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME call routing questions - Overlay issues

robert-knapp
Level 1
Level 1

I want one extension (lets say x100 for example) to be shared by all phones. If a user answers the call and if a second incoming call comes in, I want all phones to ring again (including the extension that answered the first call). Is that possible?

When I configure x100 to be on all phones and a user answers x100, all new calls route to that extension that answered the first call and do not ring on all the other phones.

I have also tried chaining a bunch of DNs together, for example 100 forwards to 101, if busy x101 forwards to x102, etc.. Then I overlaid these extensions on all phones, however with this configuration if you answered the first call, new calls will not ring in to you, just all the other phones.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you upgrade to, say CME 7.1 ? That will give you octo-line DN that unlike dual-line, present further calls to all ephones where present.

The alternative as you found, is chaining DN, for this to work use "c" not "o" with the full set of chained DNs on all ephones.

Thanks for the info. I will try the octo line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: