Views
Helpful
Replies

TCP time out setting on router

xzjleo2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Anyone know how to change the TCP time out value on router? The default setting is 1 hour. The IOS is 12.4

Thanks. Leo

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which timeout are you talking about ?

Connection timeout is like 45 secs actually.

It's TCP connection time out. In ASA, default setting is 1 hour. You can change it with command 'timeout conn 2:00:00'. Just want to know if there are any commands in router can change it.

Thanks. Leo

Again, you should indicate what exact timeout are you talking about.

Actually our problem is the one application which base on telnet keep dropping out every 15 minutes in IPSec VPN environment (ASA to router). So I am checking if I can set the TCP connection time out in a longer value on router and ASA to resolve the issue.

Thanks. Leo

Check the ipsec idle session timeouts.

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the ASA, the VPN tunnel has been up and running for more than 24 hours, so I don't believe it's tunnel up/down issue. Also all other applications are working fine except this telnet applications.

And the issue didn't happen when we used frame-relay circuit before, we just migrated to DSL VPN in last week. I added the CBWFQ on ASA and router, but it doesn't help.

Any other ideas?

Thanks. Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card